CompTIA® Cloud Essentials
We are excited to announce the launch of the Cloud Essentials Course program at Cloud Connect Chicago 2013. The Cloud Essentials Course, facilitated by CompTIA, is a one-day training course that prepares you for the CompTIA Cloud Essentials Certification. Each attendee who completes the course in full will be provided a complimentary voucher to take the Certification test at a testing location of your choice.
Course length: 1 day
Course Objective: You will weigh the pros and cons of cloud computing to make effective decisions and meet IT challenges.
Target Student: The CompTIA Cloud Essential Specialty certification is relevant to IT specialists, IT technical services specialists, IT relationship managers, IT architects, consultants, business and IT management, business process owners, and analysts.
Prerequisites: This course is the first step on a training path that can lead to a technical career dealing with cloud computing. CompTIA recommends that a candidate have at least six months of experience in an IT environment, with direct involvement in IT-related tasks, responsibilities and/or decision-making. It is also recommended that the candidate take the following course: Introduction to Network Design and Management.
You will need a computer for the instructor. Computers are not mandatory for students, but will be helpful for them to browse the Internet while discussing specific points. The following system requirements are the minimum suggested for this course:
- Intel® Pentium® IV with 300 MHz (or better).
- At least 512 MB of RAM.
- CD-ROM drive.
- A monitor capable of 1024 x 768 screen resolution and 32-bit color display.
- Display system to project the instructor's computer screen.
- Internet connection.
Each computer requires teh following software:
- This course does not require any specific software to be used in a classroom setup.
Upon successful completion of this course, students will be able to:
- Learn the fundamental concepts of cloud computing.
- Learn the business aspects and impact of cloud computing.
- Differentiate the types of cloud solutions and the adoption measures needed for each.
- Identify the technical challenges and the mitigation measures involved in cloud computing.
- Identify the steps to successfully adopt cloud services.
- Identify the basic concepts of ITIL and describe how the ITIL framework is useful in the Implementation of cloud computing in an organization.
- Identify the possible risks involved in cloud computing and the risk mitigation measures, and you will also identify the potential cost considerations for the implementation of cloud and its strategic benefits.
Topic 1A: Overview of Cloud Computing
Topic 1B: Evolution of the Cloud
Topic 1C: Specialized Cloud Services
Topic 2A: Business Need for Cloud Computing
Topic 2B: Cloud Scalability
Topic 2C: Cloud Security
Topic 2D: Impact of Cloud Computing on Business
Topic 3A: The Cloud Deployment Models
Topic 3B: Network Requirements for Cloud Deployment
Topic 3C: Automation and Self-Service in Cloud Computing
Topic 3D: Federated Cloud Services
Topic 3E: Standardization
Topic 4A: Cloud Storage
Topic 4B: Application Performance
Topic 4C: Data Integration
Topic 4D: Security Risks and Mitigation
Topic 4E: Application Architecture and the Development Process
Topic 5A: Steps to Adopting Cloud Services
Topic 5B: Organizational Capability to Adopt Cloud Services
Topic 5C: Cloud Vendor Roles and Capabilities
Topic 5D: Migrating Applications to the Cloud
Topic 6A: Overview of ITIL
Topic 6B: Planning Service Strategy
Topic 6C: Designing Cloud Service
Topic 6D: Transitioning to Live Environment
Topic 6E: Running a Cloud Service Operation
Topic 6F: Continual Service Improvement with Cloud
Topic 7A: Organizational Risks
Topic 7B: Technical Risks
Topic 7C: Legal Risks
Topic 7D: Cost Evaluation for Cloud Computing
Topic 7E: Identify Maintenance Aspects of Strategic Flexibility
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to the CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO- 001) Exam Objectives
Appendix B: CompTIA Cloud Essentials (Exam CLO-001) Acronyms